Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pamper Nights

Living in the 21st Century can be very stressful at times. Work, school, problems at home and with friends are all factors that can cause personal issues (such as Anxiety) and stress. One way that I find very effective for calming yourself down and trying to forget your problems for a couple of hours is "pampering yourself". Pampering doesn't necessarily mean painting your nails and doing your hair, it's really about focussing on your inner self and relieving the tension in your muscles. Depending on how stressful and fast-paced your life is, you may need more or less pampering sessions than others. I, personally like to have pamper sessions at the end of every month and especially after finals and exams. Here are a few things that I do within my pamper sessions:
1) Deep condition my hair - You can purchase hair masks in supermarkets/drugstores or you can make your own.
2) Have a bubble bath or a longer shower than usual. - Add in a few drops of essential oils like Lavender and light some candles. 
3) Read a good book in bed. - The Choice by Nicholas Sparks and Everyday by David Levithan are a must!
4) Make myself a hot cup of cocoa or green tea. - Pour it in a nice mug too :)
5) Watch a few of my favourite movies. - Lying To Be Perfect and Divergent are great!
6) Draw- I like drawing nature when relaxing.
7) Make myself a good purifying face mask. - Gets rid of all impurities. 
8) Painting my nails is also a nice way to unwind. - Try neutral colours to reflect your clear mind.
9) Listen to soothing music. - Calms you down and clears your mind. I personally like Ed Sheeran's X album.
10) Moisturise my face, arms, and legs. - Don't want to have dry skin after all that we've done.

If you've got other things that you do to help relax yourself, leave a comment down below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment