Monday, February 16, 2015

How To Stick To Your New Years Resolutions!

How to Stick to New Years Resolutions
Every year, I set myself with New Years resolutions to complete/obtain throughout the year. However, things are easier said than done especially when we have no control over it. Last year I set myself a goal of winning a medal in a sports competition in school (keep in mind, I have gotten one before, but it was plastic). Of course, being the shy-ish person I am, I didn't participate in any sport events in and out of school. In fact, I stayed home when there were sport carnivals going on for the whole day because I thought it was a waste of the day. Now, someone please tell me how on earth was I supposed to obtain and win that gold medal if I ran away from every opportunity possible. This is what I'm going to talk about today. How to achieve your New Years goals!
This year, my New Years resolution was to do more exercise outside of school. Well, in all fairness it wasn't more exercise, it was to start  doing it on my own rather than in my school's Physical Education class. At first, I didn't really know what to do. I planned to run every weekend at 6am in the morning and at 6am on holidays too, but that only lasted about a day. A few weeks later, my mother mentioned a Teens Fitness class in my local recreation centre. My first reaction was 'Nope, not doing that with a bunch of strangers.' But then I realised, not many people would be interested in a fitness class and would actually join a sport team/group. I then thought about asking one of my friends to join, and sure enough she said yes! We started two Tuesdays ago and boy, it was tiring! There only ended up being about 6 other people excluding my friend and I. We didn't really talk to anyone because we were all busy with the machinery but it was really fun. By joining a club, you are forced to go (especially if you have to pay for it) and accomplish your goals! So next time you have the opportunity to join a club, just do it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment